The Project Dare 'Dare Sessions: Dare your way to confidence, self-compassion, and a positive body image'
Do you often experience worry over your body or have experienced first-hand body shaming you struggle to put behind you? Are you are always dominated by thoughts of changing parts of your body or feel frustrated over your looks?
If you are a service user of South London and Maudsley you may be entitled to a funded place on this self-development course in the field of confidence and body confidence, with Project Dare!
What you will do:
Take part in 12 unique body confidence sessions which utilise different techniques that teach and hone tools that tap away at insecurities, bring out confidence and inspire love of the body in a celebratory, innovative and fun way.
These sessions are inspired by:
A plethora of performance and art skills including drama, dance, devising, improvisation, movement, forum theatre, incorporating inspiring texts into your work and more!
What you will get:
- 36 hours of workshops; 3 hours per week over 12 weeks
- 1 to 1 feedback from lead Daredevil
- 12 Dares to challenge, learn and be inspired
- A minimum of 30 tools and techniques for building confidence and body confidence
When and where (2 dates and locations available):
- 12 week course starts 18 Sep 2018, finishes 11 Dec 2018 (please note: no workshop will be held on 23 Oct)
- Every Tuesday 1.30pm – 4.30pm
- The Trunk, The Artworks Elephant, Elephant & Castle, London, SE17 1AY
- 12 week course starts 19 Sep 2018, finishes 12 Dec 2018 (please note: no workshop will be held on 25 Oct)
- Every Wednesday 6pm – 9pm
- London Bridge
- If you are a service user of South London and Maudsley you may be entitled to a funded place, please get in touch to ask Ursula
Get in touch