Community Arts Volunteers needed for Concert Programme
Breathe Arts Health Research (BAHR) is a social enterprise that creates, designs & delivers innovative approaches to healthcare. They are seeking volunteers to assist at their public concert programme 'Breathe Regularly'.
Breathe Regularly is a series of twice weekly concerts in public spaces at Guys and St.Thomas Hospital, for the benefit of patients, staff, visitors and the local community. To learn more about the project, click here.
Hours will typically be Mondays and/or Wednedays, from 10.30am - 2.30pm.
Example of duties:
- Setting up the space and packing up
- Welcoming performers, patients, staff and visitors
BAHR are looking for a long term commitment and a minimum of six months. New volunteers will need to undergo additional induction via the GSTT (Hospital) programme and undergo DBS and health screening.
- Smart but sensitive; able to relate to hospital experiences of staff, patients and/or visitors
- Keen interest in the arts and helping make these accessible to the hospital community
- Ability to learn some simple technological processes (setting up the PA system). Some physical moving of furniture is also required
- Good team working skills, with the ability to follow instruction
- Reliable and punctual
Please note, this is not a Community Southwark role. If you are interested and want to find out more about this opportunity, please contact Tim Osborn (Tim@breatheahr.org).