Information and signposting
Healthwatch Southwark provides an independent information and signposting service for health and social care.
We help people identify places they can go for care and support, and suggest ways to resolve difficulties. We keep anonymous records of the problems and questions people tell us about and feed them back to providers and commissioners of services.
- Put you in touch with sources of information, or direct you to NHS and social care services
- Explain how to complain about services and where to get support with this
- Put you in touch with an advocacy service if you need it
- Feed back themes or key issues to commissioners and those responsible, so they can make improvements.
- Investigate your complaint
- Make a complaint for you
- Take on casework to resolve issues ourselves
- Give medical advice or advice on where to go
- Provide counselling, intensive emotional support or support during a mental health crisis. We can signpost you to people who have the right skills for this.
If you work for an organisation that supports people in Southwark, and think that it would be useful for the Healthwatch Southwark team to talk through some of these topics with your group, get in touch!
We are not able to provide signposting on a walk-in basis. We are a small team and may not be available, and our office is not set up for this type of conversation. If you have special requirements which mean you are unable to describe your problem by email or telephone, please request a 15-minute signposting appointment in advance.
NHS Complaints Advocacy Service - If you feel that you need support to raise your concern or complaint with an NHS service, you can contact POhWER's NHS Complaints Advocacy Service. They can provide independent, free and confidential information and support to people wishing to make a complaint about the NHS. You can contact them on 0203 553 5960 , via email at LondonIHCAS@pohwer.net or visit their website at www.pohwer.net