Representing patient voice
Healthwatch Southwark influences decision makers in different ways.
We sit on many decision making boards in health and social care. Healthwatch representatives ensure that the patient and public voice contributes to these discussions by raising patient feedback and issues we have heard about, offering a user perspective, and keeping abreast of changes to services so that the public can be informed and engaged with.
Where are we represented in Southwark?
Health and Wellbeing Board: This is where key leaders from health and social care work together to improve health and wellbeing and reduce inequalities. Catherine, Healthwatch Manager, is a member of this Board.
NHS Southwark Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG): This is Southwark's NHS decision making body. Healthwatch is part of many committees and boards within the CCG, including:
- Governing Body
- Integrated Governance and Performance Committee
- Commissioning Strategy Committee
- Engagement & Patient Experience Committee
- Engagement Programme Board
- Equality Leadership Group
- Commissioning Development Groups for Adults, Children, and Serious Mental Illness
We also meet regularly with the local hospital Trusts:
- GSTT and Healthwatch Liaison Meeting
- King's and Healthwatch Liaison Meeting
- SLaM and Healthwatch Liaison Meeting
- SLaM – Engagement, Participation and Involvement Committee