25 FREE clubs for over 65's across Southwark and Lambeth!
South London Cares' have a whopping 25 free clubs for older neighbours over 65 to get involved with across Southwark and Lambeth this October, including film nights, technology workshops and trips!
There will be many different celebrations, including the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival in Brixton and a very special Choir Performance from the Florence Lawrence Chorus in West Norwood. South London Cares will also be getting a little sporty next month, as older neighbours can get involved with Pilates Club in Stockwell, Boxing Club in Peckham and a Latin & Ballroom in West Norwood.
To see a full list of events, click here.
October also marks the start of SLC's Winter Wellbeing project, which aims to help older neighbours stay warm, active, healthy and connected throughout the most isolating months of the year. Activities include:
- Delivering blankets and warm items
- Helping people to access healthcare and organisations who can offer benefits and energy saving advice
- Letting people know about free events and exercise classes in their area
- Matching up those who struggle to get out and about with a younger neighbour who could visit them once a week through a Love Your Neighbour project
- Supporting people with small financial grants.